There are times when you want to decorate your home the best way possible but you are concerned that through decorating, you may be contributing to harming the environment. It is important that you get to know ways on how you can save up on energy and still make your home showcase your personality.
One of the reasons why you are stopping yourself from decorating in an environment friendly manner is because you have heard that to decorate green, you must be rich. This is not true at all. There are different things that you can find from thrift stores and second hand stores that you can re-decorate so that they will be fit to be placed in your own home.
It also does not matter what your personal style is. As long as you are creative, you will find items that you know you just have to place at your very own home. If in case you are having some trouble finding some tips, you may want to check out some decorating ideas that will best fit your needs. You will know if you have managed to execute your design carefully if you do not need to explain your concept and your plan to people anymore.
Here are other tips that can help you out:
- Choose home decor that is used that you can recycle. If you are not initially happy with something that you have picked out, you may recycle it and tweak it a bit in order to fit the design that you want.
- Think out of the box. There may be some tables that are for sale that you can use in different ways. If you already have a table at home but you do not have a desk yet, a small dining table can be used as a desk as long as you place it against the wall. Once again, a bit of tweaking and redesigning is needed but the whole experience will be fun and exciting for you.
- Choose carpets that are made with non-toxic dyes. There are some companies who specify that they only use natural dyes and this can be more beneficial for you and your family in the long run.
- If you are going to use plants as decorations, make sure that you are going to plant your own. You may want something that can instantly brighten up your home but the trees and plants being sold in markets are sometimes treated with pesticides and other chemicals so that they can grow faster. Growing your own plants are more environment friendly. At the same time, you will like taking care of your plants more because you have grown them yourself.
- If you plan to use some decorations, you may start to look for twigs or pine cones outside your home that you can change and decorate depending on your preferences.
If you have kids, you may show them the things that you are doing. There is a big possibility that they will acquire your habits. They will be more concerned about the environment as well.