It is important for us to start reducing the carbon footprint in our environment, and also trying to preserve our resources that are getting depleted. One of the best ways of doing this is through sustainable living. There is global warming taking over the earth, there are high costs of power and energy, the list is endless. We can all contribute to green living if we do things right. Some of the things that we can do include seeking alternative sources of energy, reducing the use of carbon emitting things, like vehicles, by pooling or non-carbon producing options like biking. In this article, we are going to look at solar power, one of the best options for renewable energy. We will focus on sustainable green energy to protect our economy and environment.
Advantages of solar power
- The biggest advantage of solar power in sustainability is the fact that there is absolutely no pollution that is produced when generating electricity or heat. It is clean, renewable, and sustainable, unlike other forms of energy like gas and oil.
- There is no fuel that’s required when generating solar energy, just the sun.
- It doesn’t in any way contribute to global warming, acid rain, or smog, instead lessening the instances of greenhouse emissions.
- The sun is completely free, and this means that there is no cost at all for the solar energy, except the installation.
- Solar energy can be applied to multiple applications such as electricity, charging cars, heating water, and many more.
- It brings about more self-reliance as compared to utilities like electricity, where you’ll rely on the provider.
- Solar isn’t affected by the supply and demand issue that is common with fuel and power, meaning that it will always be free.
Best Whole House Humidifier – 6 Top Choices for 2018
Once you’ve installed solar energy into your home, there are numerous things that you can use the power for. One of those is powering appliances such as humidifiers. In this article, we are now going to review some of the top whole house humidifiers that you can find on the market.
Best Whole House Humidifiers 2018 – Non Ducted
1. Essick Air AIRCARE MA1201 Whole House Humidifier
This humidifier can moisturize up to 3,600 square feet, coming with a white exterior and vented front. It houses a really large 3.6-gallon capacity water tank that can run for up to 36 hours. It also comes with different speeds of F1, F2, F3, and F4, displayed on the control panel along with a humidity control. The settings are lockable for those with children or pets. The humidifier comes with one filter that can go for up to 8 months depending on the usage, while the fan speeds vary.
2. AIRCARE EP9 800 Digital Whole-House Pedestal-Style Evaporative Humidifier
This is a standalone humidifier that can cover spaces of up to 2,400 square feet. It comes with 60 hours run time and houses a 3.5-gallon water capacity. This humidifier features 9 fan speeds as well as customizable humidity settings.
3. Honeywell QuietCare Cool Moisture Console Humidifier
This is a non-ducted whole house humidifier that can cover up to 2,300 sq. ft, coming with dual tanks of 3.25 gallons. The QuietCare Technology ensures that it is 30% quieter than other whole house humidifiers. It comes with 3 humidity settings and a prolonged run time of 24 hours per filling.
Best Whole House Humidifiers 2018 – Ducted
1. Aprilaire 700 Whole-House Humidifier (fan-powered)
This ducted humidifier can cover 4,200 sq. ft. with an evaporation of 0.75 gallons per hour, covering up to 18 gallons of water per day. It comes with a 5-year warranty.
2. Aprilaire 400M Humidifier (bypass)
This is also a ducted humidifier that comes with evaporative technology to reduce water use. It can cover up to 4,000 sq. ft. with an evaporation capacity of 0.7 gallons per hour. It doesn’t require a drain or standing water.
3. Aprilaire 800 Residential Steam Humidifier
This humidifier can cover up to 6,200 square feet using steam humidity. It can accommodate crawl spaces, attics, and non-forced air heated home.
Using solar power, it is easy to power the appliances in your home such as humidifiers. This is a more sustainable way of using renewable energy. When looking for humidifiers, don’t hesitate to go for one of the above, as they are the best in the market.