So, you fancy yourself a DIY fanatic. Well, then you are probably wondering which tools you need in your repertoire. It is a good thing that we have created this list of indispensable power tools for the home improvement aficionado. Now you can ensure you have all the required gear for tackling those home improvement desires.
7 Power Tools Necessary for Achieving DIY Dreams
Your humble abode is your sanctuary. However, it is also the place you are always dreaming about improving. And, if those DIY dreams are ever going to happen, you will need to purchase these 7 necessary power tools. Does your research to ensure you get the best options in your price range? But, don’t cheap out on these invaluable tools:
- Circular Saws- If you want the best circular saw make sure you follow that link. They will provide you with four important considerations when you begin looking into buying the circular saw. Besides, circular saws are important because they are versatile and can cut through a number of wood projects. You might want to consider one with a laser guide to guarantee accuracy.
- Table Saw- If you are looking for precision when cutting plywood or lumber, a table saw is ideal. And, if you get particularly good with one, you can learn how to use them to make a variety of trims and moldings.
- Jigsaw- These can cut metal, plastic, wood, and other materials. They are great for notching hardwood and laminate flooring or cutting out holes in countertops for sink installations. Learn all the things you can do with a jigsaw.
- Drills- If you need to bore a hole through plastic, metal, wood, or other material, a drill is essential for the job. Besides, they are great for driving in, and taking out, screws during installation processes.
- Reciprocating Saw– This is like a jigsaw only considerably tougher. It is great for demolition jobs and can make rough cuts in hard to reach places. It is capable of cutting through metal, plastic, and wood.
- Power Sander– There are a number of options in this category and they all serve a distinctive purpose. You will be able to choose from:
- Belt sanders
- Orbital sanders
- Palm sanders
You will need them when sanding furniture or removing paint. You will also need them to smooth out any rough-cut wood you intend to employ in the renovations. Read more about sanders.
- Compound Miter Saw- These are your best friend when it comes to the necessity of cutting angles. If you are going to change out your door frame, baseboards, window casings, or any other trim type wood objects, you need a miter saw. They are designed to make figuring out your angular cuts considerably less timely.
If you are just beginning in the home improvement game, these tools are a definite requirement. Of course, as you get more skilled you might find yourself wanting to add a lathe or a scroll saw to your list of required tools. You never know when you are going to want to make your own decorative railings and trims. If so, you will also want to consider a router and the table that goes with it. Welcome to the world of home improvement. Enjoy the tools of the trade.