There are many different types of sports that we can all take part in right in the comfort of our homes. There are many different factors, such as space in our backyards that determine the sort of sports that we can play in our homes. In the event that we have plenty of space in the backyard, sports like archery are very possible. We can adjust the range of the targets to suit our space. In this article, we are going to discuss the health benefits of archery.
Improved hand-eye coordination and balance
Archery involves aiming and firing an arrow, and this requires the hands and the eyes to work together. The eyes relay input to the hands, which then aim and release the arrow. This is done repetitively, and in the process, it improves the coordination between the organs. In the long run, the shooting becomes more accurate.
Hand and finger flexibility
As you get to play archery over and over, the strength and flexibility of the fingers and hands increases.
During archery, certain parts of the body are used, namely the arms, core, hands, chest and shoulders. This means that the more one plays, the more that the muscle groups are maintained and developed.
Archery is something that requires a lot of patience to master, since it is all about precision. This makes players adapt the virtue of patience.
People need to focus more, removing any distractions from their minds, and focusing on the aim and target. This helps them in other life situations such as dealing with high pressure situations.
Whether it is a competition or one is playing by them, the more that they play and succeed the more that they become more confidence, self-esteem, and self-confidence.
The Best Recurve Bow
We are now going to look at the best recurve bow that you can find on the market. This will make it easier for you to decide on the best bow to buy the next time that you’re out shopping for one.
Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow
This bow comes with a fiberglass laminated Olive Dymondwood and Hard Maple riser, meaning that it is durable and resilient. It has long limbs, but the screws can be unscrewed with four fingers. They also come tipped with reinforced Phenolic plastic, meaning that this recurve bow can use FastFlight strings when upgrading to a new string.
- B-50 Bow String and Arrow Rest
- Pre-installed Brass Bushings for Brass Plunger, Stabilizer, Sight, and Quiver
- Limbs are Hard Maple with Black Fiberglass; Single Tapered Knob and Metal Limb Pocket Design
- Recommended max draw length: 29″ (suggest Samick Journey for longer draw)
- Recommended brace height: 7 1/4 inch to 8 1/4 inch
SAS Courage 60″ Hunting Takedown Recurve Archery Bow
This is a light recurve bow that comes with limbs made of laminated Makore and Maple wood that is coupled with fiberglass to make it long lasting. The riser consists of Bintangor, Chuglam and Makore hardwood laminate, meaning that the limbs won’t twist when in use.
- Wood limb with fiberglass face
- Hard wood riser
- Pre-installed Brass Bushings for Brass Plunger, Stabilizer and Sight/Quiver
- 60″ total length
- This item is fully covered by Southland Archery Supply 3-year limited manufacture warranty
Spyder Takedown Recurve Bow
This is a bow that comes with an improved grip and durable design. It was designed by the same engineers that also designed the Samick Sage Recurve Bows. It is the perfect hunting bow.
- Kit includes: 3-part recurve bow, Allen wrench, Dacron bowstring and arrow rest
- Red wood finish riser
- Improved Rounded edges and Limb pockets
- Reinforced limb tips and improved flush limb bolts
- Lightweight design
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
Longbowmaker Hungarian Style Recurve Bow
This is an affordable traditional bow that is 100% made by hand, and tested before being sold. This ensures that it is top notch quality.
- Draw weight: 20-110LBS
- Bow body length: 145cm
- String length: 131cm
- Draw length: 28 inches
- Safe draw length: 33 inches
PSE Razorback Recurve Bow
This is a recurve bow that features Walnut, Burma White Wood and Beech wood riser, and was designed and created by Pete Shepley, and it is suitable for a number of sports.
- Walnut, Burma White Wood and Beech wood riser.
- Maple wood / fiberglass laminate limbs.
- Stabilizer and sight bushings.
- Recommended height: up to 5’7″.
- Length: 62″
Archery comes with numerous health benefits, more than the ones that we mentioned above. Knowing that, it is important for us to try and take up the sports, and the best way to experience it is by using the best bows. You can pick one of the bows reviewed above for the ultimate experience.